New Year’s Eve is almost upon us, and there’s that constant, buzzing pressure of ‘What do I do for NYE?’ ‘What do I wear?’ etc etc. I have no plans yet, and don’t intend on doing much, but I can tell you 5 things I won’t be doing to see in the new year this 31st December:
- Going to London to see the fireworks – been there, done that, couldn’t see a damn thing! And let’s not get into the trying to get home fiasco…
- Going to a local bar/club/pub – I don’t want to be charged to go to my local ‘Spoons. It’s just NYE – same drinks available, same decor, but you want to charge me £20 to get in? No, ta!
- Having a fancy dinner somewhere – again, just because it’s NYE, I’m charged triple? WHY!? I’ll come back tomorrow and pay normal price, thanks.
- Watching Hogmanay/fireworks around the world – it’d be nice to know when it’s ‘officially’ 2016, but I don’t have a TV license, so no can do
- Getting wasted – I fully intend on doing a 5km ParkRun on New Year’s Day, so I’d prefer no hangover for that. Find your nearest ParkRun course here: http://www.parkrun.org.uk/
Don’t get me wrong, I love going out and having a fun time, of course, but on NYE? It feels a bit forced, and like I MUST have fun BECAUSE it’s NYE (and I’m usually being charged for the pleasure), so this year, I’m probably just going to stay in and watch a bit of Netflix with a cuppa. Rock n’ Rollin straight into 2016!
Have a great New Year’s Eve, whatever you plan to do, and bring in 2016 in the best way possible. See you on the other side… 🙂